PDA

View Full Version : MARTIN:forse ci siamo

Emme
31st May 2004, 17:57
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
This title will be released on June 24, 2004. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.
Hardcover: 704 pages
Publisher: Bantam ; (June 24, 2004)
ISBN: 0553801503

solo 704 pagine, quindi mondadori ne farà 2 libri, contro i 3 del precedente capitolo (che di pagine ne aveva oltre 1200)

Zurlaccio è_é
1st June 2004, 00:33
hanno anticipato la data di un mese e mezzo vedo.. bene. ^___^

Dalamar
1st June 2004, 14:44
Era ora ^^

Emme
26th June 2004, 16:46
bah..hanno spostato l'uscita nuovamente al 3 agosto...

ihc'naib
26th June 2004, 20:26
Mi spiace essere costretto a deludervi. Questo e' il cut&paste del piu' recente aggiornamento dal sito di Martin, sono andato a controllare sperando che aveste ragione :

I have been getting lots of email lately asking for an update on the progress of A FEAST FOR CROWS. Here it is. I aim to please.

I have been getting even more email asking if the latest publication date announced by one bookstore or another is correct. It isn't. I don't even care what date it is. I am still writing the book. Until it is done and delivered, all these announced pubdates are arrived at by throwing darts at a calendar.

As I have been saying for a year, the moment the book is done I will announce it here. The instant. The second. So if you visit this website, and this notice is still in place, it means I'm still writing. That remains as true in June as it was in January. Yes, I have been slow in updating this announcement, but believe me, I will not be slow to tell the world that my FEAST is headed for the table.

For whatever reason, this fourth book has given me much more trouble than any of the earlier volumes. As of today, I have finished forty-eight chapters, and have another eighteen partially written. Half a dozen of them are within a few whiskers of completion. The good news is that I have recently completed the final Jaime chapter for this volume. I'm very close on Arya and Sansa too, and fairly close on Tyrion. The not-so-good news is that all the other viewpoints remain incomplete, and one crucial one is barely half-done. The prologue is giving me fits as well, but as of last night I think I may have solved it.

The last printout I did for my editors (who are even more interested in my progress than my readers) came in at 1067 manuscript pages. That count includes includes only the finished chapters, not the partials. The final draft of A GAME OF THRONES was 1088 manuscript pages. A FEAST FOR CROWS will definitely be longer. Most likely it will be longer than A CLASH OF KINGS. As to whether it will eventually be as long as A STORM OF SWORDS... I hope not, but I have given up on making predictions.

The tale grew in the telling, J.R.R. Tolkien once said. Mine too. At a certain point, the best that you can do is follow your story where it leads you.

The vast majority of the email that I receive continues to be very supportive. I do not have the time to respond to all those letters, or to answer questions about why the seasons are the way they are, how the maesters make their chains, which of the Targaryen kings married their sisters, or where Myr is located in relation to Tyrosh (there will be a map of the Free Cities in FEAST that should take of that last one at least). If I did, my progress would be even slower than it is at present. I do read my emails, however, and I appreciate all the enthusiasm and kind words.

Of late, some of the words I have been getting have been less kind. I don't answer those either, though at times I am tempted. I will say, just to set some rumors straight, that I am not dead, I am not dying, I am not in ill health, I have not forgotten about my readers, and I am not lounging in my hot tub drinking chilled wine with hot babes in bikinis (though I'd like to be). I have been working on this bloody book almost every bloody day (okay, except for Sundays during football season and the two days of the NFL draft) for more years than I care to contemplate, writing, rewriting, revising, and writing again, trying to make FEAST a feast in truth.

As for those of you (only a handful, thankfully) who seem outraged that I continue to collect toy knights, read books by other people, travel, teach, speak, and make appearances (as evidenced by my website)... sorry, but I have a life beyond A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE. You should get one too. I am sorry if the long delays on A FEAST FOR CROWS have made you lose interest in the series, but believe me, your frustrations cannot possibly hold a candle to my own. For one thing, the way the book biz works, I don't get paid until the novel is (a) delivered, and (b) published.

It is worth remembering that Jack Vance published the third volume of his wonderful Demon Prince series (THE PALACE OF LOVE) in 1967 and the fourth volume (THE FACE) in 1979. And need I mention how long J.R.R. Tolkien worked on THE LORD OF THE RINGS or THE SILMARILLION? Does anyone now wish that he had knocked them out faster?

In the end, the only thing anyone remembers about a book is how good it was. I won't tell you that A FEAST FOR CROWS is going to be great. That's not my call to make. But I will say that I am doing my damndest.

Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.

—George R.R. Martin, June 16, 2004

Emme
29th June 2004, 20:57
direi che qualche editor alla bantham si è trovato gli oggetti personali in una scatola di cartone e le guardie che lo aspettavano all'ingresso.

ihc'naib
29th June 2004, 23:48
..niente di cosi' drastico.. sono almeno un paio d'anni che la data continua ad essere rinviata. Non credo che siano forme di mala fede o ignoranza... semplicemente, cercano di tenere viva l'attesa per un libro che e' molto, molto in ritardo...

Ihc'

Hudlok
11th October 2004, 15:08
Il cane dell avatar è il tuo ^^? Come cavolo fai a fargli avere dei denti cos' bianchi :awk: ?

Il mio se mi viene vicino mentre mangio a far :drool: :swear: da quanto puzza il suo alito malefico.. :cry:

Zurlaccio è_é
12th October 2004, 00:48
Il cane dell avatar è il tuo ^^? Come cavolo fai a fargli avere dei denti cos' bianchi :awk: ?

Il mio se mi viene vicino mentre mangio a far :drool: :swear: da quanto puzza il suo alito malefico.. :cry:

Ma mandargli un pm invece di fare un intervento che non centra una minchiola riesumando un thread di giugno pareva brutto?

Sakugochi
12th October 2004, 09:11
Ma mandargli un pm invece di fare un intervento che non centra una minchiola riesumando un thread di giugno pareva brutto?

Tra l'altro alimentando false speranze in un pargolo sensibile come me!
:cry:

Alla prossima

Emme
24th October 2004, 18:25
muahahahahahahaha!

cmq ad alito e' messo male anche il mio cane.
i denti son bianchi perchè mi tiene tagliate le piante in giardino, anche se i molari un po' di tartaro lo hanno.

Wayne
27th October 2004, 19:16
:look:

zendel
14th November 2004, 19:46
Non vorrei riuppare un post vecchio ma siccome ho iniziato da poco a leggere le cronache del ghiaccio e del fuoco (ho letto i primi 2) vorrei sapere da voi in quanti libri mondadori ha suddiviso il tutto? e se lo sapete quali sono i titoli in sequenza? :p

Llaydee
17th November 2004, 18:00
Non vorrei riuppare un post vecchio ma siccome ho iniziato da poco a leggere le cronache del ghiaccio e del fuoco (ho letto i primi 2) vorrei sapere da voi in quanti libri mondadori ha suddiviso il tutto? e se lo sapete quali sono i titoli in sequenza? :p

In Italia sono 7 se non erro ...

Cmq a QUESTO (http://www.centolibri.it/search/ricerca.jsp) link trovi una bellissima pagina di ricerca per ogni genere di libro , naturalmente li pone con un senso logico in modo che si possa risalire al primo.

Bellazi
17th November 2004, 19:28
ti do un consiglio: leggiteli con calma. Io me li sono bevuti ed ora sto aspettando come un tossico l'uscita di a feast for crows T_T