Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Abbigliamento Emo...

for more than a decade, the term emo was used almost exclusively to describe the genre of music that spawned from the 1980s DC scene and all of the bands inspired by it. However, during the late 1990s, as emo music began to emerge from the underground into popular consciousness, the term began to be used as a reference for more than just the music.

The origin of the word emo itself is unclear. In a 1985 interview by Rites of Spring in Flipside Magazine, members of the band noted that some of their fans in DC were starting to call them "emo", arguably because of the state of emotion that the band displayed during their shows. In later years, the word emo was viewed as a contraction of "emotional hardcore" or "emocore", which was the popular designation of the music genre. (One contingent of the scene insists that emo is a contraction for "emotive hardcore". However, no primary source has been found to confirm use of that term prior to the mid-1990s.)

In recent years, as its use has come to define more than just the music, the word emo has more often been viewed as simply being short for "emotional".

2000s

Bands like Dashboard Confessional began to popularize a more dramatic and personal style of "emo", which utilized lyrics that had a far greater appeal amongst teenagers experiencing life and love for the first time. As the lyrical content shifted and as the sound began to enter the mainstream, the term "emo" started to be used more often to describe what was perceived by those outside the scene as the overwrought melodrama of the music. The perception was that melodrama was simply an invention, an effort to display despression or dysfunction where it didn't actually exist. Popular comments such as "don't be so emo" and "cheer up, emo kid" drove home the belief among deriders that fans of emo music took themselves too seriously.

As major labels began pushing more bands under the "emo" umbrella, varying styles of music and dress began to be lumped in as well. The style of bands like My Chemical Romance, including their use of makeup (particularly black eyeliner) and longish hair covering the face, began to be associated with "emo".

Fashion and culture

There are two popular forms of dress associated with emo. The first is essentially what came out of the 90s "indie emo" scene, and has connections to indie rock and punk rock. It includes more vintage and thrift store clothing, typically for a well-worn look. Some of the clothing leans toward khaki colors. T-shirts are typically of smaller sizes and with random prints, often images from the 1980s. Bags and backpacks often have pins and patches of various bands.

The other popular style of dress focuses on darker colors. Commonly seen elements include dark colored hair, dyed either black, red, multi-colored (brown and black, red and purple, etc.), or an unnatural dark hue, males wearing pants tailored for females, lip, eyebrow, and labret piercings, and dark make-up on males and females (most notably black eyeliner, although red eyeshadow is becoming increasingly popular). A common accessory for both males and females are glasses with a dark coloured (usually black), thick rim, a style sometimes even worn by persons who do not require corrective eye-wear.

Converse All-Star style shoes are common amongst both styles of dress, as are Vans shoes.

Though the original emo scenes were not exclusionary, the modern "emo" scene has developed into a "gay friendly" scene. Though it's unclear whether it's related to the diminished "macho" elements of emo music or the "gay friendly" nature of the scene, it has become commonplace for detractors to use "emo" in combination with popular discriminatory gay slurs, such as "emo fag".

While "emo" is often used to describe the dress and attitudes of fans of emo music, it should be noted that "emo" as a musical genre and "emo" as a slang term are largely separate. "Emo" as a musical genre long pre-dated the use of "emo" as a slang term. At the same time, most current bands labeled "emo" are done so unwillingly, and largely because they share some of the fashion trends and attitude associated with "emo" as a slang term.

There is also a common stereotype that associates "emo" with self-harm, most notably cutting wrists, arms, legs, etc., possibly due to song lyrics associated with so-called "emo" bands, which often speak of acts of self-destruction. Regardless, there is no evidence of any correlation between "emo" and self-harm.

emo... ragazzo che esce vestito figo molto seth coean ecco lui veste emo...
    ascolta musica punk rock / hard core / ska , può essere vegan ... usa solo vestiti a righe o a quadri o a rombi veste sempre abinato... sinceramente ho notato che gli emo fan colpo con + successo su una ragazza che uno borghese ... voi che dite?
    Still In My Bed With My Love

Grazie a dio frequento ragazze che non quantificano l'interesse nei tuoi confronti calcolando i rombi colorati che indossi.

Chi cazzo è Seth Coean comunque?
    A <Rage> is forevah!

I Heart New York

There are times when we truly risk something,
    and that is in the discovery and defense of the new.
    The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations... the new needs friends.
    Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.

Spoiler

<???>

<checazzohastoforum?>

un tipo di orange county...

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by PooLpe
    emo... ragazzo che esce vestito figo molto seth coean ecco lui veste emo...
    ascolta musica punk rock / hard core / ska , può essere vegan ... usa solo vestiti a righe o a quadri o a rombi veste sempre abinato... sinceramente ho notato che gli emo fan colpo con + successo su una ragazza che uno borghese ... voi che dite?
    Polpe stai diventando il mio mito
    Now Working..

guarda che c credo davvero asd

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzo
    si ma ahdor quello è l'emo fighetto di milano! a un emo padovano se gli fai vede quelle marche si sente male! e non ascolta punk rock, ascolta musica emo btw lel
    viene da un forum americano, moda emo (poser per gli amici ) è così o simile, come stile, marche che cazzo ne so ho postato l'immagine che era carina. Punk-rock e emo sono praticamente la stessa cosa, o meglio, sono collegati, emo, emo-core, emopunkrock, tutta stessa merda
    fighetti alternativi...

polpe cmq sempre più imbarazzante
    scacchi quadri eccetera non centrano un emerita minchia, io frequento un po' la scena hardcore di milano e non centra un cazzo con quello che dici, OC sono miliardari non centra un cazzo manco questo, le magliette a righe sono quelle di H&M non è una moda emo -_-

hador dammi una ragione

la ho messa stavo finendo il reply

invece si la Franklin sta vendendo molte polo emo ...
    e cmq ho un amico emo fino al midollo...
    veste con slip on jeans stretti nelle caviglie cintola ,maglie a righe o quadri o rombi o cmq maglie fighe... con cappello a scacchi...
    tutto rigorosamente abinato

cazzo ne so avril lavign si veste emo... cmq c'era un filmato lunghissimo postato sul FUN secoli fa che descriveva bene il tutto, era geniale... lo avevi postato su ace?

di solito dopo la scritta Emo trovo sempre "hot babe hot girl lap dance webcam blowjob blabla" tutta roba bella insomma
    mandale83 on PSN
    Spoiler

tiè x mq questo è un emo... ecco cosa intendo io x emo
    www.fotolog.com/skapix

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast