Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conqueror

Default Conqueror

Solito.
    In the very beginning i would like to ask everyone to avoid flaming, whining, ranting, trolling and other stuff. I know we are on the edge now but since we were told we dont do constructive feedback i want to prove some of the ones who said that wrong. Thats why i want this thread to be clean and worthy consisting suggestions to changes and not stating what we all know but how to change it. I believe in you guys as conq community and i know your all great people thus im at ease sure youll follow this and prove we will make this last effort to bring in quality feedback and suggestions. As for you devs, i would only want to ask you to read this thread and tke active part in discussion.

This section will be divided in few sections which will have subsections too.

Concept, Auras, Feats, Damage, Role - each will be having some suggestions for new ideas, modifications etc.This way we can present conq on paper, conq in reality, conq when changed which should be enough to point out its weaknesses and strengths. Also SWOT analysis [strengths, weaknesses, opportnities, threats] will be of use ad will be updated.

CONCEPT

Conqueror's original concept was that of a Warlord like class. He was/is supposed to be ultimate addition to any group providing powerfull group buffs and enemy debuffs leading the group into the heat of battle while at the same time being ultimate melee fighter whos unparalled [conq description on official site] in a combat. Conqueror is a mix between DPS/Survivability/Buffs which should make him Warlord on the battlefield whos always in the middle of a fight.

This is what brought us to the class, some of us are guild leaders, some officers, some love heat of melee battle and limbs with guts flying around while shouting orders and terrorizing the enemies. I am an officer in my guild [Exodus Gaming Syndicate] for one of the Hardcore PvP houses, SunCe here is an officer in ExGS aswell for a PvP house and many other officers in our guild also plan on playing conqueror. Some of you are on such positions aswell.

What did i expect from conqueror? I wanted to be character whos sole presence on the battlefield makes my comrades stronger [auras] while being at the same time able to command them or shout orders [formations, commands, orders - tho ill suggest a change here at aura's section]. But buffs are not everything. Leaders throughout the history were the most feared enemies for their reknown abilities and might. Thats why i also expect conqueror to have some abilities like debuffs on enemies [kinda ike WoW warriors demoralizing shout or piercing howl] that would strike fear into their hearts and weaken their resolve rendering them weaker. This way conqueror wasnt only about +100 points to his team and 0 to enemy, but he would be made GREAT addition to his team by +50 to team -50 to enemy providing him balance so his buffs arent too powerfull due to taking some of their might to negative effect on the enemy.

My thoughts about conqueror regarding his martial prowess were such as great fighter with many BRAWLING tricks[even tho thats a bit of barbarians departement but still FC mentioned we are more of a RAW fighter when compared to guardian so we dont fight clean but we fight for victory]. I was expecting medium survivability compared to guardian but a lot more DMG.So i thought Guardian = medium dmg high surviv conq = high dmg medium surviv.

To summarize CONCEPT section. Conqueror definitly has one of the greatest potentials in this game but i think there was some confusion among Devs with auras, mana bar, and the role of class itself so to help find Devs the way ill go on to the next section. I have played Warlord characters in many games but not only and i would consider myself an oldtimer too.

AURAS

This section ill start saying what i would imagine auras to look like than ill say how are they right now and after that ill write some of my suggestions how to make conqueror better.

Auras - this word is by many unliked because they usually think of paladin magic auras while its not entire truth. Thing is auras are even in RL. Tell me how many of you have seen a guy whos look and feel about him made you scared of him ? How many of you seen a charismatic guy/girl whos presence made you believe in most of their words? How many times you were just thinking of other person as of "he/she must be really cool" even if you didnt know that person or opposite "i bet he/she is a bastard who cant be trusted". This has place in our life all the time even if we dont realize it.

Basically i expected conqueror to be that kind of a character. Charismatic with powerful aura around his person making him appear special/powerful to friends, and causing fear in his enemies.

Fear doesnt have to mean enemies running around in fear doing nothing in this case. Thats more of a HoX department. Fear is not only that. Fear is what decreases ur performance due to our way of thinking. Usually those who trained martial arts and took part in tournaments know that if they were scaredthey were fighting worse more defensively, their strength and speed also with reflexes was poor and this was caused by fear. So while still capable of fighting it was of lower level.

So, i was taking cnqueror for class with passive auras and active shouts. I thought we could have either Offensive Aura/Defensive Aura/Debuff aura - but this i understand is Dark Templars biscuit so i will pass that here.

Offensive auras - group of passive buffs that is in MY opinion supposed to not only increase DPS but generally attack capabilities -and thats big difference. Offensing can be everything that is focused on getting to your opponent and splitting him in half or conflagrating him with lava-like flames.

Defensive auras - These are auras which should be about about increasing survivability by all means

Now here i have a suggestion that i think others will like. Why limit us to 1 offensive aura and 1 defensive aura? This setup is ok but... why not let us to pick 2 defensive auras OR 2 offensive auras? This alone will give us a lot of versatility and potential as we will be able to go full out on reckless assault or stand our ground waiting for help or the mix tactic.

Second to passive auras i was hoping to see shouts and warcries. This would give us a little trick to our arsenal while also making us true heart of every group in hyboria. Below ill explain my idea about these 2 things. but first ill highlight the fact that these are supposed to be usable WITH passive auras not as their replacement.

Warcries - these should be some 5 minutes buffs on around 10 minute cooldown. We would have 3 such abilities and they would share the same cooldown. So if i use ability A than B and C are on 10m cd than after 10m i can ue again 1 of these. This will add element of strategy and tactic while also being balanced. Also the same effect like conqueror 1 doing A and conqueror 2 doing A would NOT stack, second would replace 1st with new timer so those who would fail to cmmunicate would waste their buff for next 10 minutes and would allow organized guilds and groups to really shine and this is far better than positionals we have now.

Battle Shouts - similiar to Warcries in their mechanics, 3 ablities shared cooldown 6-7 mintes CD 30-45 second effect. Their effect should be more powerfull than that of Warcries thus a lot shorter duration and longer cooldown when comparing ratio - shared CD would also prevent being them overowered like using A&B&C at once

Battlecries - these are the debuff shouts that decrease fighing performance of enemy and have AOE radius around the conqueror. These would have anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds debuff timer and also 5 minute CD shared or not depending on duration and their power they would have seperate CD from warcries and battleshouts and could be anything like 10 second 50% snare to every enemy around conqueror in 8 meters radius after which 5minute cd would be placed on it, this would give resist on enemies to prevent perma snaring - with 10 sec duration 35-45 second resist would [RESIST not immunity soother classes have chance of using their single snare] do the thing. All subject to balance.

Auras - how they are now

Ok so now before direct suggestions that will take place after this stating some propositions and ideas for skills as what they should do ill make a short [maybe ^^] summary of how auras work right now. Keep in mind that in feat section we will get back to auras for some more suggestions.

Auras atm:
    -we can have one[1] offensive aura and one[1] defensive aura running simulatenously[spelling?]
    -they are insignificant, 9 dps for melee characters in team and rangers at level 80 [compare Pom's 1200 hp to every1 in group and to mages's absorb shield - 93 dmg absorb fro each hit at lvl 80 and can be ncreased when bug is fixed through feats]
    -lack of diversity ; fire dmg aura, cold dmg aura; lightning dmg aura - same stuff diff dmg type and still very weak, stamina and mana regen aura, stam regen aura, mana regen aura, again the same thing as above, +small dps aura and -miss chance aura - same insignificant and only working on some classes
    -heroic call; banner; has some potential but lacks idea atm but again it has potential
    -furious inspiration VERY good thing but team based, weak heal which should be thrown away and healing shouldbe left for healers, +20% dmg at 10 stacks in group pvp cant be the only reason for balancing conq in solo gameplay rather it should be a compromise between the two

We all know auras are now weak and that isnt even arguable because everyone knows this.

What could auras do along with warcries, battleshouts and battlecries?

Auras -ideas are many:
    -offensive; +dmg [but more significant than it is now] however if you put flat dmg here [both to magic and melee as it should be] than low DMG classes will benefit more than high damage classes but at least people wont die too quick and still high dps classes given this flat dmg increase will benefit from their own percentage buffs to dmg - this would be most balanced also for solo play.
    Percent based wouldnt give much to low dps classes and wuld give too much to high dps classes so option nr 1 seems the way t go; Other auras could give +% crit to ranged and melee + dot effects, + invulnerabilities placed on enemies after sucesfull attack,
    offensive auras could also give 5% increase to movement etc, possibilities - plety of them
    -defensive; this group could have chance to break stun or resist knockback or reduce snaring effects by some % like 5-10% depending on balance and feats, giving absorbption shield [on being hit or passive they would differ in strength], increased invulnerabilities and other things.

Formations, commands orders - they are too weak, and insignificant also they are positionals but imo thats not the way to go not with the power they provide, keep in mind conquror and others will be rotating all the time

Power and other effects on auras of course would need to be balanced and power adjusted to potential feats that would furtherly empower it.

Warcries - this would be empowered versions of two above [offensive and defensive] and could also have effects like +% fatality +armor ignore +chance to interrupt spells +%healing received +chance to not being interrupted when casting

Battleshouts - +boost to mana and stamina regen[short] +temporar boost to movement speed like +20% speed for 10 seconds, +short immunity to root stuns knockbacks for 10seconds etc, possibilities are there just to be used last for example seems very powerful but on the other hand if during 10sec no1 will be affected by this effects than its a wasted skill, also there would be 1 minute debuff on those who were buffed so there isnt 3 conquerors keeping this immunity for 30 seconds. So you see ideas are many and its not overpowered just by using these simple mechanisms that have place with radiance and fierce recovery

Battlecries - these would be debuffs but i would say since they are short effect and have CD they could stack on targets, after al you could keep debuffs on enemy weaker but for longer time or use 3 by conquerors and have them for short time but with more power if enemy can counter it than we lost our chance if we keep it for longer than we dont have that much edge but we dont render ourselves weaker so much, these could be snare like mentioned before, +% chance to fizzle and miss -flat or % DMG to ranged and melee - invuls and many other things

PS removing all healing from our auras please thats not our role.

FEATS

Our class's trees feats are very weak when compared to those of other classes like guardians. I wont go into detail of every feat as devs and we all know them.Thing is they seem very random like now. Feats should be designed the way that Conqueror always benefits from them than second comes empowering others. Noone will ever pick feats that wont have effect on conq at all like improved vitalize which boosts mana regen from vitalize aura.

I think that our class trees should be worth picking instead of going for general only. For this we need more power and abilities in them. Our feats should be focused on DMG and auras. Second thing is i counted that in brute tree there are 10 feats for auras and in carnage 8. This is too much i think we should have 2-3 feats in each treeat MAX for empowering auras and maybe some that would give us some new abilities example here is heroic call, so we could get battleshouts warcries battlecries so conqs would differ. We cant have abilities that take extremely long to build up and in combat are easy to interrupt. Colossus of War has great potential but its short and takes too long to build where 1 snare or knockback takes it away from us easly. Make it stack on being hit aswell and its great than. Lumbering hulk - how can we get 35% snare and small +dp and small life regen ? If we get 35% snare which all know is almost suicide in pvp than we should get +% dmg, 35%snare for 35% dmg, we would be easly kiteable but hard chasing others and if not having heals and protection would be certain death. As an addition +% invulnerabilities of 10% should be a must this way we get equal reward for equal sacrifice using them double edged sword. Blssed conquest and overcome the odds ave great potential but as they are now they are very weak. Feats need big revamp with new focus and concept of the class and i have faith others will suggest new feats and devs will also have an idea of that when they will set on new concept or rather old concept but enhanced and revisioned.

DAMAGE

Its really hard to talk about this. On one side we are tanks - dps focused but still tanks - and we should not deal the kind of dmg dps classes do but on the other side why would healers outdmg dps tank in frenzy stance? Our damage is too low how it is now and i know it may be cause of bad scaling but even so we have problems in 1v1 vs opponent who have absorb shield or dodge. While we sometimes can use frenzy in 1v1 still risking dying its rather.... stupid to do it in group pvp. In group pvp or damage will be too small due to absorb shields buffs and debuffs all the healing. This is what i am afraid of, or uselessity. Frenzy in GvG is suicide as more or less we will always be hit by AoE or by occasional attack where we will most likely die in 2-3 hits. What i would like to ask is to afterall reduce CD between stances or morelikely reduce % of negative unvulnerabilities while increasing frenzy damage. Jayde you said that frenzy is for PvE when we dont tank but what will be left of us if we wont do any dmg at all in GvG? We should have feats empowering stances like DT and Guardian has.

We definitly need some love here because this isnt right that classes who can heal while we cant do far greater damage than we do even in frenzy and they still have powerul heals buffs, and AOE like TOS. You said we cant compare Conq without heals to clss with heals and we should compare conq with heals to that class but you missed the fact that than we should compare conq with heals to class with heals with additional heals from other class.

We definitly need boost here and im waiting for it ^^

ROLE

Well current role in groups is rather "meh" as we dont provide enough useful/powerful buffs and our DMG is weak aswell. Guardian and DT would have been better choice for tanking and for pvp due to their viable feats and abilities. Not much to say. Every clss nowis better choice than a conqueror but once changed and revamped conqueror should be a great choice to every team if he lives up to his warlord concept than itll be very interesting versatile and fun class to play.

Rest i leave to other conquerors to add ^^ i hope it was SOMEWHAT constructive feedback

Lieutenant Commander

Ok, lo sto giocando, sono arrivato al livello 20. Devo dire che non mi sembra male, sia in fase difensiva che offensiva. Certo non ho riuferimenti con altre classi, quindi c'è da considerare ancora come evolverà.

Per ora lo sto speccando DW, quindi linea Carnage. Qualcuno lo sta giocando/lo ha giocato e ne vuol parlare? Ho letto sul forum ufficiale funcom che un feat da non mancare è war lord, tra qualche livello dovrei prenderlo..
    Now Working..

Comunque la linea carnage è quella che mi convince di più a livello di utility di gruppo, alla fine la brute ha solo l'heroic call che pare carino, anche se da provare, certo però che alzando brute il conqueror pare diventi un damage dealer cazzuto.

Dio buono due numeri li potevano dare su ste cazzo di feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaire View Post
    Comunque la linea carnage è quella che mi convince di più a livello di utility di gruppo, alla fine la brute ha solo l'heroic call che pare carino, anche se da provare, certo però che alzando brute il conqueror pare diventi un damage dealer cazzuto.

Dio buono due numeri li potevano dare su ste cazzo di feat.
    Ti odio tu puoi loggare
    Tanto senza di me in ts sarai triste e sconzolato

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Quote Originally Posted by galazon View Post
    Tanto senza di me in ts sarai triste e sconzolato
    +
    Spoiler

DAoC USA : Slystonexx OutCast - Druid - Caerleon - Out of Duty - Back on: Slystownex Cleric - Slysz Healer - Slystonex Druid
    once on i50 Shard: Slyx the Sorcerer, Unicorn Knight or Sly the Druid, Gilded Spear or Slyze the (Aug) Healer, Elding Herra.
    On BF 2142 : Slyst0nex
    On BF 2 : FullMetalSly

Quote Originally Posted by MBK View Post
    +

ma mi segui nell'ombra?
    Hai preso sto gioco?

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Quote Originally Posted by galazon View Post

ma mi segui nell'ombra?
    Hai preso sto gioco?
    Si

No
    Spoiler

DAoC USA : Slystonexx OutCast - Druid - Caerleon - Out of Duty - Back on: Slystownex Cleric - Slysz Healer - Slystonex Druid
    once on i50 Shard: Slyx the Sorcerer, Unicorn Knight or Sly the Druid, Gilded Spear or Slyze the (Aug) Healer, Elding Herra.
    On BF 2142 : Slyst0nex
    On BF 2 : FullMetalSly

Comunque sono arrivato ad alcune conclusioni, e posso dire che 2h > dw, almeno per exp in solo.

La linea carnage ha annihilation e warlord che sono buone feat, ed anche defiance non è male, ma con la brute hai 2 knockbacks (che con carnage non hai) e soprattutto lumbering hulk, skill fantastica per exp, ti reggi 2/3 mob pari livello senza problemi se si utilizza bene il frenzy e il defence stance.

Forse il dw è meglio per i bersagli singoli, ma è solo una supposizione.

Ps sono lv 33
    Last edited by Guaire; 30th May 2008 at 09:59.

Lieutenant Commander

Comunque sono arrivato ad alcune conclusioni, e posso dire che 2h > dw, almeno per exp in solo.

La linea carnage ha annihilation e warlord che sono buone feat, ed anche defiance non è male, ma con la brute hai 2 knockbacks (che con carnage non hai) e soprattutto lumbering hulk, skill fantastica per exp, ti reggi 2/3 mob pari livello senza problemi se si utilizza bene il frenzy e il defence stance.

Forse il dw è meglio per i bersagli singoli, ma è solo una supposizione.

Ps sono lv 33
    l'hai usata lumnering hulk? Sembrerebbe una skill prettamente da pve.. Quanto è il decremento di velocità?
    Now Working..

Quote Originally Posted by Sintak View Post
    l'hai usata lumnering hulk? Sembrerebbe una skill prettamente da pve.. Quanto è il decremento di velocità?
    Le conclusioni a cui sono arrivato sopra sono con cognizione di causa, quindi si che l'ho provata la lumbering hulk

La diminuzione della speed è del 35%

Lieutenant Commander

Le conclusioni a cui sono arrivato sopra sono con cognizione di causa, quindi si che l'ho provata la lumbering hulk
    La diminuzione della speed è del 35%
    e quanto dura?

Per expare sembrerebbe molto buona, ma difficilmente inutilizzabile in pvp.. Per sport ho fatto anche una prova feat e riuscirei anche a prenderla speccando carnage..
    Now Working..

Master Chief Petty Officer Metrox's Avatar

tra le due a me convince di piu brute.L'unico problema che hai è l'endurance (e nn è un problema da niente).L'unica cosa per cui vale la pena fare carnage è per prendere warlord che è abbastanza spettacolare (anche defiance sembra utile ma quanto cura??).Sulla linea brute poi prendi i knockback e quella specie di stun (che imo dura troppo poco e nn so xche) che molte volte ti salvano le chiappe.

Comunque si anche io di solito se sono in 1vs1 preferisco il duale e in mischia preferisco usare la 2h..

al momento (livello30) sto così:

http://hybes.de/featPlaner.php?class...,525-15,536-13

credo che poi inizierò ad aumentare il danno di 2h

Edit: alcuni valori di quel featplaner sono un pò sballati xche hanno ancora i vecchi valori della beta..
    Last edited by Metrox; 30th May 2008 at 10:44.

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    tra le due a me convince di piu brute.L'unico problema che hai è l'endurance (e nn è un problema da niente).L'unica cosa per cui vale la pena fare carnage è per prendere warlord che è abbastanza spettacolare (anche defiance sembra utile ma quanto cura??).Sulla linea brute poi prendi i knockback e quella specie di stun (che imo dura troppo poco e nn so xche) che molte volte ti salvano le chiappe.
    Comunque si anche io di solito se sono in 1vs1 preferisco il duale e in mischia preferisco usare la 2h..
    al momento (livello30) sto così:
    http://hybes.de/featPlaner.php?class...,525-15,536-13
    credo che poi inizierò ad aumentare il danno di 2h
    leggevo sul forum ufficiale che annihilate fa abbastanza cacare, che la probabilità di critico erano veramente pochissime inpiù e non valeva la pena spenderci punti..
    te che ne dici?
    Now Working..

Master Chief Petty Officer Metrox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sintak View Post
    leggevo sul forum ufficiale che annihilate fa abbastanza cacare, che la probabilità di critico erano veramente pochissime inpiù e non valeva la pena spenderci punti..
    te che ne dici?
    immagino tu stia parlando di quello che nel feat plan è chiamato Cunning.Ti dico che comunque per prendere warlord devi spendere dei punti e a quel livello di meglio da allenare nn ce nè..

Lieutenant Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    immagino tu stia parlando di quello che nel feat plan è chiamato Cunning.Ti dico che comunque per prendere warlord devi spendere dei punti e a quel livello di meglio da allenare nn ce nè..
    ah si, è che se ci spendi 0 o 1 punti si chiama annihilate, se ne spendi 2 o 3 si chiama cunning

Beh io volevo provare a speccare dw, quindi ho deciso di prendere secondary laceration e offhand precision.

Dual master, dato che l'hai provata, come la vedi? Aumenta il danno dello stile di apertura della combo, ovvero l'attacco che viene effettuato nel momento incui si fa partire la combo? Si nota la maggiorazione del danno?
    Now Working..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast