Thread: Guida ranger

Enlisted

Default Guida ranger

Ho trovato questa guida che m'è sembrata carina. Se qualcuno conosce qualche altro sito me lo segnala? Denghiu^^

Bow Ranger Damage Relationship Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright folks, I'm a 53 Ranger, and I try to be efficient while playing so it lets me fight longer, harder, and smarter. I made a guide like this for the Guardian class, as I also have a 65 guardian. I need to know these numbers, because like any self respecting Russian (which the name of my char here should have tipped you off that I am (If it didn't, go back to school, even if it is a letter off because I spelled it right phonetically.)) everything boils down to a game of chess, and you HAVE to know what each piece does.

I finally found a regenerating wall (the lvl 50 main quest) that I could use to test the different damage that my bow did using different feats and abilities so that later I could customize my efficiency while fighting many mobs of similar lvl and type (the Noble District Villas for one).

UNDERSTAND that the following numbers are irrelevant of weapon, stance, level and stats, they are in relation to EACH OTHER. It is the percent damage each hit does to the wall. The FULL COMBO. Some people will not understand this concept, so excuse my retyping of the sentence after each number.

It is vital to understand how attacks relate to other attacks you have, percent wise, so that you know you could do stuff like use Salvo II in place of Bleeding Puncture II followed by 2x Directional Lower Left... the following guide will explain.

Keep in MIND. WALLS HAVE NO DIRECTIONAL SHIELDS, your enemies WILL, so play SMART (ie: a Salvo is not as good as a Heartseeker when the enemy has 3 shields over its head).

The AVERAGE % posted below has varied by no more than 1% in either direction during testing.

Directional Left = 7% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (This and the Right directional are your fastest attacks)(Used to finish off pesky Minions or almost dead mobs) (You should not waste it on a pull, instead use the first attack of a combo to pull with, its actually faster for most combos, you'll figure out which.)

Directional Right = 7% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (This and the Left directional are your fastest attacks)(Used to finish off pesky Minions or almost dead mobs) (You should not waste it on a pull, instead use the first attack of a combo to pull with, its actually faster for most combos, you'll figure out which.)

Directional Top = 9% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (Slightly slower than Left and Right directional, worth it only if your target is stacking its shields to its left or right.)

Directional Lower Left = 12% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (At no point should you be using this to finish off mobs, its slow and the regular Left and Right directional use the same shield side, in addition, at point blank, if being hit the mob needs to disrupt just one of these vs 2 regular directional attacks that add up to more than this one.)

Directional Lower Right = 12% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (At no point should you be using this to finish off mobs, its slow and the regular Left and Right directional use the same shield side, in addition, at point blank, if being hit the mob needs to disrupt just one of these vs 2 regular directional attacks that add up to more than this one.)

Heartseeker = 47% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (Your nicest left-wing attack, use wisely and dont waste. If your enemy has NO left-wing shield, you MUST open with this attack to be efficient at all. Which sets you up nicely for Salvos because it'll move all the enemy shields to the left with its high dmg. But dont be stupid and waste a salvo if the mob only needs a 42% hit to finish off and your Crippling Snipe (which uses the right-wing shield) is open, because its much more stamina efficient))

Salvo I = 55% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (Still does nice damage at lvl 53, but takes time to execute. Be Smart, You dont need to execute a long Salvo with 55% damage where a short Heartseeker or Armor Ripper / Crippling Snipe will do. Keep this up, because with Salvo I and II down, if the enemy shields are still on left or right (rare occasion, usually in groups), this is more efficient than Heartseeker, Crippling Sniper, or Armor Ripper II)

Salvo II = 61% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (If the mob you're attacking has no shields or 1 shield over its head, use this attack. If the mob has 2 shields over its head, that means either its left or right wing is open and you should be using Heartseeker, Armor Ripper II, or Crippling Snipe I instead, even if you hit the side with only one shield, its still more efficient than using Salvo II on a mob with 2 or more overhead shields.)

Salvo III = 77% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (Your BFG of choice at this lvl. You can open with it if you'd like, or you could play SMART and Open with Heartseeker, Armor Ripper II, or Criplinng Snipe I, knowing this hit will FINISH OFF the mob (leaving you your BIGGEST chance of using a FINISHING move on the mob with MOST of its life still left.)) (It should also be noted that the first move of this combo is a lower left strike and takes longer to execute than all others, keep this in mind when you chose the pace at which you want to go killing through one of the Villas)

Bleeding Puncture II = 35% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (Fast but not high dmg, good for taking out Minions. As I have not invested in the bleeding puncture DoT effect, I cant tell you how much the bleed effect does, but I can tell you that its almost useless for XPing, considering that one mob doesn't live for very long, because if it does, you're the one that dies, since your spike dmg is your only advantage.

Bleeding Puncture III = 41% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (Keep in mind, since this combo uses Lower Left directional to start, it takes a longer time to execute. The same principal applies to this one that does to BP II, the dot effect is not worth it, this attack should really be of last resort, which it should never get to be, so just avoid using it unless its a long fight and you invested in the DoT effect from the Wayfarer tree.) (Considering how slow this is, you shouldn't even be using it to take out minions really.)

Crippling Snipe I = 42% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (This and Armor Ripper II are the fallback attacks after you have emptied your Salvo II and III.. after which they become more efficient than executing Salvo I, which is only more beneficial if the enemy is shielding its sides and not top or its damage of 55% is all you'll need to finish the mob off. (ps: if all 3 shields are equal, CSI and ARII are still better than Salvo I in Execution Time vs. Damage Done (dps)).

Armor Ripper I = 35% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (Keep this on your bar as a quick way to dispatch Minions and not waste Stamina)

Armor Ripper II = 40% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (The 2nd Half of your two fallback attacks after Salvo II and III, should only be used if the enemy is shielding its top, or 40% is enough to kill it, since this attack is quicker than a Salvo, but with less dmg.)

Stealthy Strike I = 10% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo.
    (I'm a PvE ranger, this strike is my bread and butter in groups, but I still manage to pull the aggro off of anyone, because nobody else cares about damage efficiency and plays for this thing called *fun*.) (ps: you need the 5 point feat investment to make this strike reduce aggro by 20% for a short time (when you'll execute your biggest hits) and time it well.)

Pin Down III = 13% of wall life on average, executing the whole combo. (Seeing how little dmg this did, I felt no need to test I and II) (Its a good idea to use this strike after Stealthy Strike I, so if you do get aggro from your nice and efficient dmg, the mob runs at you like a member of the Eskimo track team.)

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, DO NOT FINISH FEAT ATTACKS ON SIDES THAT ARE COMPLETELY BLOCKED, IT is WORTHLESS. ie: So, you have begun with Heartseeker and noticed that the enemy has changed its shields all to the left-wing right before or just as you hit the final directional for the feat to execute.. be SMART, click another combo, or if you're in the middle of the cast bar, step backwards to stop it, then hit Salvo or a different attack, relevant to percent of mob health left.

Enjoy, and play SMART and EFFICIENT! .. For you are DEADLY.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Credo che in sticky possa trovare tutte le possibili guide necessarie

Enlisted

Denghiu =)